A KN95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles. The 'KN95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 microns) test particles. If properly fitted, the filtration capabilities of KN95 respirators exceed those of face masks. However, even a properly fitted KN95 respirator does not completely eliminate the risk of illness or death.
People with chronic respiratory, cardiac, or other medical conditions that make breathing difficult should check with their health care provider before using a KN95 respirator because the KN95 respirator can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe. Some models have exhalation valves that can make breathing out easier and help reduce heat build-up. Note that KN95 respirators with exhalation valves should not be used when sterile conditions are needed.
All FDA-cleared KN95 respirators are labeled as "single-use," disposable devices. If your respirator is damaged or soiled, or if breathing becomes difficult, you should remove the respirator, discard it properly, and replace it with a new one. To safely discard your KN95 respirator, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the trash. Wash your hands after handling the used respirator.
KN95 respirators are not designed for children or people with facial hair. Because a proper fit cannot be achieved on children and people with facial hair, the KN95 respirator may not provide full protection.
Our respirator is an over-ear respirator, meaning the loops of the respirator are placed over the users' ears, and not behind the users' head and neck. Below are step-by-step instructions as to how to put on an over-ear KN 95 respirator.
1. Check to make sure the KN95 respirator has no defects such as holes or torn straps.
2. Make sure the mouth and nose are completely covered. The KN95 respirator must have a complete seal all around.
3. Place the respirator over your mouth. Whilst holding the respirator in one hand over your nose and mouth, wrap the bottom strap over the top of your head and place it on your neck. Next, take the top strap and wrap it around so it sits at the base of the back of your head.
4. Mold the respirator over the bridge of your nose when putting it on to help keep the respirator in place. It may help to push all around the respirator to ensure proper fit. The edges of the respirator are designed to form a seal around the nose and mouth.
5. To remove, remove the top strap over your head. While holding the mask from the top headband, unwrap the mask from your face, and take off the band that sits on the back of your neck also over the top of your head.
6. Dispose of the mask by touching only the straps. Wash hands immediately after handling.
Model Number: KN95
Manufacturer: Ningbo Sanzhong Power Tools Co., LDT.
Features: Head and neck band, nose foam for comfort